FIRST® in Texas is proud to announce The Texas Cup, an in-person robotics competition to be held the week of June 15th-17th at the Alamodome in San Antonio. Planned with safety in mind, this will be an inclusive opportunity for teams in the Texas and New Mexico district to compete in a format more resembling a standard FIRST® competition season. The FIRST® in Texas staff alongside our incredible volunteers organized by Lucia Sevcik, have been hard at work ensuring the event is carried out with safety as a top priority.
This website is the sole source of official information for the 2021 Texas Cup. Please share this website address with your friends and family. Stay updated by subscribing to our SMS notification system for real time updates.
Health and Safety Measures
This event will be voluntary and will be hosted according to CDC, Texas Health Department, and City of San Antonio guidelines:
- Teams will be restricted to six in-person students and two mentors with floor access. Teams wishing to invite up to 10 spectators may do so via the Event Info page.
- The event floor will be organized to allow participant to maintain safe physical distancing.
- Teams and Mentors must receive a negative COVID-19 test result within 7 days of attendance to be admitted.
- Teams and Mentors will be screened for fevers and symptoms prior to entry. Any travel group member unable to enter will result in the entire team being blocked from entry.
- All students, mentors, volunteers, and staff will be required to wear an approved mask securely over their mouth and nose to be allowed entry to the event.
- If a team requires a second faculty member due to district policies, accommodations can be made with the event hosts.
- No walk up spectators will be granted access. All spectators must have a printed ticket by the Alamodome and must comply with all medical pre-screening before entry. Teams can request tickets via the Event Info page.
These rules and regulations are a precautionary measure to ensure the maximum level of safety for all involved. More information regarding safety and event information, can be found on the Event Info page.
How to Stay Updated
Sign up to receive real time updates from the FIRST in Texas – Texas Cup planning team by texting JOIN TXCUP to 7262005828 (Message and data rates may apply)
Make sure to follow us on social media @FIRSTinTexas
FRC Registration Opens: Mar 15th
FRC Registration Closes: April 23rd
FRC Division assignments: May 2nd
FRC Payment Deadline: May 7th*
Spectator Tickets Request Closes: May 30th
FTC Payment Deadline: June 4th*
FTC Division assignments: June 10th
* teams not paid by due dates are subject to forfeiture
Question and Answers
Q: What is the cost to attend the Texas Cup
A: FRC teams in NM and TX, can register for $2,500.
A: FTC teams in TX, can register for $500 (UIL Only) / $700 (State Champs Only) or $1,000 for both.
A: FIRST Access teams in TX, can register at no charge.
Q: Is there grants available for teams?
A: In a short answer, yes, but you must meet certain criteria to receive assistance based on requirements of our sponsors. For more information, visit our grants portal.
Q: Is this the State Championship?
A: This is the state championship for FTC and includes teams participating in the University Interscholastic League (UIL) FIRST robotics division for both FTC and FRC.
Q: When is load-in?
A: Please refer to your program specific page on this website for more information.
Q: Are trailers allowed to be parked at the venue?
A: Teams do have the ability to park trailers at the Alamodome for a per day fee, but the Alamodome nor FIRST in Texas will assume responsibility. We do plan to have uniformed police presence in the trailer area overnight as a courtesy. More info soon about trailers on event info page.
Q: What is the cancellation / refund policy?
A: We published our cancellation and refund policy on March 13, 2021.
Q: Are spectators / guests allowed at this event?
A: On May 1, we announced that teams may request up to 10 complimentary spectator / guest tickets. These tickets are printed by the Alamodome and all social distancing / medical pre-screening / mask requirements are required. Teams may bring more students as part of this opportunity. Read more on the Event Info page.
This is provided for informational purposes only. This only confirms your team is registered but does not confirm your team has paid and can attend the event.
For more information, please contact [email protected]